Saturday, September 19, 2009

"I forgot to say it loud, how beautiful you really are"


The laundry room is just next to ours which is great. One thing thats not great is that you've to pay for your laundry (in Singapore we didnt). And more than often you hear people yelling out in frustration because the washing machine or the dryer ate the money or the washing machine decided to go on holidays.

This happened to me two days ago. Again. I had to wash two loads of laundry. When it was finished I put money in the dryer and went to put my clothes in there. I should've checked the machines first. When I opened the second machine I realized it went on holidays and forgot to turn off the water. Easy mistake. But not if you're a washing machine. So there were my clothes floating around having a good time pretending they were wales and sharkes I guess (I would've anyway and I know my sister Liza would've loved it).

I thought they were cleaned so I was thinking of just putting them in the dryer. I smelled my jumper. It smelled worse than Chila after she's been in godknowswhat. Eww, so what do Ive to do then? Wash it again of course so I had to get some money from Sheraz. Had to leave the dryer lid open cos I already put money in it and was crossing my fingers that no one would steal it. No one did. But apparently the time is still ticking down even though I wasnt using it!!! when I came back I had 3 minutes left. Sucks.

So as a stubborn engineer I had to come up with something beacuse pay for the machine again? No bloody way. And I knew my passion for stealing signs would become handy:


Dont worry, Im gonna give it back before I go home but Im pretty happy I got it. It took the clothes two days to dry and it turned out to be quite a challange to do pretty much anything in my room for the next two days but thats excatly what Im looking for: a challage and to be able to use my engineering skills. Im gonna use this as an example when Im going to a job interview.

We get free bread every week. I missed out of it some weeks because everyone likes free bread and as soon as someone notice its there its pretty much a fight for it.


Since we're talking about free stuff. At Joondalup campus they were giving away free posters:


My wall now looks like this :)




It says: Mom, me, Dad, My cousin that no one really talks about, Sister. I think we are a lovely family!


Thought this one was hilarious


Just to make it clear...


Cherry blossom tree


The book Im reading right now. Love it. As soon as I finished this one Im getting the next one. And then the third.


We've to use our passports as ID here and I have lost it so many times cos I put it in different places til I remembered I brought this little bag with me. I no longer lose it, I just forget to bring it which is not that great either.


I love boxes :)


Me and Lea (26 and 31) were "pretending" we were old. Looks more like we're in pain to me...


It now takes me forever to do my grocery shopping, but I feel good.


I got this for Alex yesterday

Alrite, my headache is back so Im gonna lay down for a while. That drive to the beer store made my head in.

Later

//Jodie

1 comment:

Lotte said...

I love your washing story hahahahaa! And the pic with your clothes on that sign looks great :)