Another perfect weekend. I feel like writing it all down
Friday: I discovered the beauty of power naps. I have class at 8.30 on Fridays. You might think that thats not early at all and especially when I live 5 min from school, but its feels like Ive to get up in the middle of the night!! Im getting up at 7.30 and usually meet my friend Jeff at 8.15. He always gets up at 8.10 haha
I wouldnt survive the class without coffee from My Favourite Coffee Place: Aroma. It depends on whos working but Im normally getting a Flat White. But if its the Nice Lady I get a Latte. Before last week I always had a Latte and the Nice Lady remebers stuff so I dont wanna tell her I went from Latte to Flat Whites...
We watched a movie about English in Singapore and Wales... oh the Singapore shots... I realized I miss it so much. The people, the country...everything. But I dont wanna be there instead right now, dont get me wrong (but I had so much fun and I wish the ppl could be here)
And then the Wales shots.. oh I have to go there!!! Well, lets do that after Perth.
Anyway. Jeff said he needed a power nap before going shopping and I thought well, I might try it out. OH MY GOD!! The power naps here in Perth ARE AMAZING. I slept like a baby. Without the waking up screaming of course.
Then we went to North Perth to do some grocery shopping and Im telling you guys, I dont need to go to a gym. I just walk home from Northbridge every now and then, run for the bus and go grocery shopping. Im always getting a lot of stuff (which is really good I suppose) but the bags are so heavy. VERY GOOD THING: here is that they dont really use plastic bags as much as we do at home. We got nylon (I think) bags:

We went in to Liquorland too while we were at it, might as well and Jeff got his 4dollarwine. I always get Grolsch beer. Its quite expensive with alcohol here. Maybe I should hit the 4dollarwine too but I smellt it and, with a family like mine: mom, dad and sister are all in a wine tasting groups and knows everything about good wine, Im not sure I can.
So the thing Ive been excited about the whole week: WAPPA show!!! My friends Brooke, Alex and Kathleen were all preforming in a dance show and it was great to finally see them preform! It was 10 different preformances and some of them were so good. Some of them was a little to much of "Modern Dance". I love "So You Think You Can Dance" and that kind of stuff but this wasnt really like that.
But it was great to see them and after the show we went for a beer at the Brass Monkeys, where we have to go back soon. The place has a lot of different bars and we didnt go to all of them.
Ended up going home pretty early (12).
Saturday: We were supposed to meet up at 11 and go to a Dutch Shop somewhere on the Midlands line. 10.47 my roomie decided to talk to me about her boyfriend. And I felt so bad about leaving her but the people goes bananas if you're late! I made her promise that she wouldnt do anything until I got back and we could talk this through. She wanted to break up with him coz he is really jealous and other stuff.
We got off the train in a supernice area. I have to go back there. Had a coffee and just walked around. Then Menno and Ingmar and JoAnne got stonefaced for about 0.001 sec and then you could see the joy in their faces. They found the shop.

Menno, so happy

Well, I thought the U.K was in Europe...
3 sek later, the same joy was written in my face. LAKRISAL!! So happy!

Pure joy

Henriks shopping basket :)
I looked around for a while and it was such a nice little shop. They had the brand "Euro Shopper" but it was ridiculos expensive... I got 2 Lakrisal and some other licorice thingy but Ingmar spent 115 dollar in the place!! He must really miss the Dutch food. I wonder what Lotte and Dewi would've done if Singapore had a shop like that :)



Was a bit bored waiting for the dutch people...


Volvo
After that we decided to go to Midlands. Well, I wont take my mom and dad there. It was a Mall. Im sure thay have other stuff but its not worth going if you're only here for a couple of days. I had a smoothie and then after waiting for a looooong time for everyone to finish their lunch we got the train home. And got off at the train station closest to home (we normally take the train to the city and then a bus) and ended up walking for a long time. I was so tired... As soon as we came home I had dinner and had another lovely power nap.

Lemon trees, a lot of lemon trees

So small... there must be more people who cares...

Post Office
Woke up by Sheraz comin home. Decided I didnt wanna go out but after talking to Sheraz I decided that was a stupid. He said he'll takes us to his boss' bar. So we dressed up and off we went. Me and the boys: Sheraz, Jeff, Henrik, Robert and George. George the crazy German. This morning (Sunday) he ran a half-marathon. He had to get up at 5 a.m. Do you know what the guys says:
-But its only 20 km and its Saturday today, cant stay in
when we asked him about going out that night. He did drink water as every second drink...

Here he is... 7 hours before he's supposed to get up and run..
The bar was GREAT. And Sheraz' boss is so hot. Taken, but hot. Well, the bar was a more fancy place than the bars down in Northbridge. The people were a bit older and better dressed. The girls dress pretty sluttish in Northbridge. Like they just put on a top and forgot about their pants.
The boys / men were all pretty too. But going out with 5 guys the chance of meeting someone is quite slim...
And oh, the sad stuff about Satuday. One of my new friends mum fell down the stairs and hit her head pretty bad. They dont know if she's gonna survive or not. But the girl feels better today. She's out in the livingroom right now, doing an assignment with Rainer. Funny, they dont live here but they are doing their homeworks here. Love it tho. We all hope the best comes out of this of course.
I went back pretty early (2ish) with Lea and Chris. And just as I had my second English Muffin one of my friends decided to come for a visit. He's going to Jönköping on an exchange (he's gonna apply for it anyway) and I showed him pictures and told him about the place. The poor thing thought he could go snowboarding every weekend. Lol.
So I think I went to bed late, around 4.40ish and I could get up when the alarm went off.
Sunday: Texted Brooke to tell her that Im gonna meet them later. We were supposed to go to the beach but I just couldnt get up at 10.. Well, she went to a party Sat night so she wasnt up either. The weather wasnt really nice so we decided to go to Freemantle instead.

But before this my roomie told me she had been so sad about her breakup yesterday and I understand that. But she also decided she was gonna drink alcohol for the first time of her life. With her best friend. Rainer was here, thank god, the girl drank 7 beer!!!! I got a text Saturday night from him :
"Rena is wasted. I have never seen anything like this in my life"
Rainer is a good boy. He doesnt drink at all. He told me today that it took him an hour to try to get Roomie in bed. She was fine today tho.
We went to a market. It was great. I love that kind of places. And the area is so nice. Expensive but nice. I got 2 small note books, coz I like bringing them with me so I can write down stuff, a journal, a Romania flag for my backpack and a really nice lemongrass moisturiser:


Alex, Rainer, Henrik, Kathleen and Brooke

We went to a bead shop. My sisters and Mom would've been there for ages... The girls were in there for a very long time so Henrik and I decided to do some model shots of him:

Top Model next!

We just love coffee, Henrik and I, and Kathleen showed us this coffee place. So many different coffees... Love.

We had fish and chips (no I havent started to eat fish, I just had chips) at the beach and life is just as good as it can be.


The chips!

Yummy

Alex and Brooke
Rainer is a funny guy but he cant sit still. Not even on the train. He ate so fast and then he took off...

Here he's climbing something


Next thing and of course we all wanted to do that



Henrik is telling Kathleen how to climb the thing
But Alex did it best:



Henrik, Rainer and me

Henrik, the model

Cant wait for the summer

Cute Brooke





On the way home from the bus we found this:

It was big (no not as big as the one we saw ins Malaysia... nothing can be bigger than that one..)
Later
//Jodie
Friday: I discovered the beauty of power naps. I have class at 8.30 on Fridays. You might think that thats not early at all and especially when I live 5 min from school, but its feels like Ive to get up in the middle of the night!! Im getting up at 7.30 and usually meet my friend Jeff at 8.15. He always gets up at 8.10 haha
I wouldnt survive the class without coffee from My Favourite Coffee Place: Aroma. It depends on whos working but Im normally getting a Flat White. But if its the Nice Lady I get a Latte. Before last week I always had a Latte and the Nice Lady remebers stuff so I dont wanna tell her I went from Latte to Flat Whites...
We watched a movie about English in Singapore and Wales... oh the Singapore shots... I realized I miss it so much. The people, the country...everything. But I dont wanna be there instead right now, dont get me wrong (but I had so much fun and I wish the ppl could be here)
And then the Wales shots.. oh I have to go there!!! Well, lets do that after Perth.
Anyway. Jeff said he needed a power nap before going shopping and I thought well, I might try it out. OH MY GOD!! The power naps here in Perth ARE AMAZING. I slept like a baby. Without the waking up screaming of course.
Then we went to North Perth to do some grocery shopping and Im telling you guys, I dont need to go to a gym. I just walk home from Northbridge every now and then, run for the bus and go grocery shopping. Im always getting a lot of stuff (which is really good I suppose) but the bags are so heavy. VERY GOOD THING: here is that they dont really use plastic bags as much as we do at home. We got nylon (I think) bags:
We went in to Liquorland too while we were at it, might as well and Jeff got his 4dollarwine. I always get Grolsch beer. Its quite expensive with alcohol here. Maybe I should hit the 4dollarwine too but I smellt it and, with a family like mine: mom, dad and sister are all in a wine tasting groups and knows everything about good wine, Im not sure I can.
So the thing Ive been excited about the whole week: WAPPA show!!! My friends Brooke, Alex and Kathleen were all preforming in a dance show and it was great to finally see them preform! It was 10 different preformances and some of them were so good. Some of them was a little to much of "Modern Dance". I love "So You Think You Can Dance" and that kind of stuff but this wasnt really like that.
But it was great to see them and after the show we went for a beer at the Brass Monkeys, where we have to go back soon. The place has a lot of different bars and we didnt go to all of them.
Ended up going home pretty early (12).
Saturday: We were supposed to meet up at 11 and go to a Dutch Shop somewhere on the Midlands line. 10.47 my roomie decided to talk to me about her boyfriend. And I felt so bad about leaving her but the people goes bananas if you're late! I made her promise that she wouldnt do anything until I got back and we could talk this through. She wanted to break up with him coz he is really jealous and other stuff.
We got off the train in a supernice area. I have to go back there. Had a coffee and just walked around. Then Menno and Ingmar and JoAnne got stonefaced for about 0.001 sec and then you could see the joy in their faces. They found the shop.
Menno, so happy
Well, I thought the U.K was in Europe...
3 sek later, the same joy was written in my face. LAKRISAL!! So happy!
Pure joy
Henriks shopping basket :)
I looked around for a while and it was such a nice little shop. They had the brand "Euro Shopper" but it was ridiculos expensive... I got 2 Lakrisal and some other licorice thingy but Ingmar spent 115 dollar in the place!! He must really miss the Dutch food. I wonder what Lotte and Dewi would've done if Singapore had a shop like that :)
Was a bit bored waiting for the dutch people...
Volvo
After that we decided to go to Midlands. Well, I wont take my mom and dad there. It was a Mall. Im sure thay have other stuff but its not worth going if you're only here for a couple of days. I had a smoothie and then after waiting for a looooong time for everyone to finish their lunch we got the train home. And got off at the train station closest to home (we normally take the train to the city and then a bus) and ended up walking for a long time. I was so tired... As soon as we came home I had dinner and had another lovely power nap.
Lemon trees, a lot of lemon trees
So small... there must be more people who cares...
Post Office
Woke up by Sheraz comin home. Decided I didnt wanna go out but after talking to Sheraz I decided that was a stupid. He said he'll takes us to his boss' bar. So we dressed up and off we went. Me and the boys: Sheraz, Jeff, Henrik, Robert and George. George the crazy German. This morning (Sunday) he ran a half-marathon. He had to get up at 5 a.m. Do you know what the guys says:
-But its only 20 km and its Saturday today, cant stay in
when we asked him about going out that night. He did drink water as every second drink...
Here he is... 7 hours before he's supposed to get up and run..
The bar was GREAT. And Sheraz' boss is so hot. Taken, but hot. Well, the bar was a more fancy place than the bars down in Northbridge. The people were a bit older and better dressed. The girls dress pretty sluttish in Northbridge. Like they just put on a top and forgot about their pants.
The boys / men were all pretty too. But going out with 5 guys the chance of meeting someone is quite slim...
And oh, the sad stuff about Satuday. One of my new friends mum fell down the stairs and hit her head pretty bad. They dont know if she's gonna survive or not. But the girl feels better today. She's out in the livingroom right now, doing an assignment with Rainer. Funny, they dont live here but they are doing their homeworks here. Love it tho. We all hope the best comes out of this of course.
I went back pretty early (2ish) with Lea and Chris. And just as I had my second English Muffin one of my friends decided to come for a visit. He's going to Jönköping on an exchange (he's gonna apply for it anyway) and I showed him pictures and told him about the place. The poor thing thought he could go snowboarding every weekend. Lol.
So I think I went to bed late, around 4.40ish and I could get up when the alarm went off.
Sunday: Texted Brooke to tell her that Im gonna meet them later. We were supposed to go to the beach but I just couldnt get up at 10.. Well, she went to a party Sat night so she wasnt up either. The weather wasnt really nice so we decided to go to Freemantle instead.
But before this my roomie told me she had been so sad about her breakup yesterday and I understand that. But she also decided she was gonna drink alcohol for the first time of her life. With her best friend. Rainer was here, thank god, the girl drank 7 beer!!!! I got a text Saturday night from him :
"Rena is wasted. I have never seen anything like this in my life"
Rainer is a good boy. He doesnt drink at all. He told me today that it took him an hour to try to get Roomie in bed. She was fine today tho.
We went to a market. It was great. I love that kind of places. And the area is so nice. Expensive but nice. I got 2 small note books, coz I like bringing them with me so I can write down stuff, a journal, a Romania flag for my backpack and a really nice lemongrass moisturiser:
Alex, Rainer, Henrik, Kathleen and Brooke
We went to a bead shop. My sisters and Mom would've been there for ages... The girls were in there for a very long time so Henrik and I decided to do some model shots of him:
Top Model next!
We just love coffee, Henrik and I, and Kathleen showed us this coffee place. So many different coffees... Love.
We had fish and chips (no I havent started to eat fish, I just had chips) at the beach and life is just as good as it can be.
The chips!
Yummy
Alex and Brooke
Rainer is a funny guy but he cant sit still. Not even on the train. He ate so fast and then he took off...
Here he's climbing something
Next thing and of course we all wanted to do that
Henrik is telling Kathleen how to climb the thing
But Alex did it best:
Henrik, Rainer and me
Henrik, the model
Cant wait for the summer
Cute Brooke
On the way home from the bus we found this:
It was big (no not as big as the one we saw ins Malaysia... nothing can be bigger than that one..)
Later
//Jodie
1 comment:
Wow, I'm so jealous of your weekend!! Looks great. And I think my bankaccount is really really happy that there was no Dutch shop like that in Singapore.. :P
Had a date with the guy I was dating before Singapore last Saturday. It was weird and nice at the same time. Well, we'll see....
The date was in Delft btw! :P Thought of you, miss you!
Post a Comment